Monday 16 July 2012

My time at the Canine games


My Time at the Canine Games

Well, the Canine Games have been and gone (Saturday 7th July), and I feel very honoured to have been able to take part in this wonderful event.  Unfortunately the original venue, Haggerston Park, had to change at the very last minute.  Due to the adverse weather warnings, it was decided it was perhaps best not to hold the event outside; fortunately, thanks to Bethnal Green Working Men’s club kindly supplying us with a new venue, everyone was able to keep dry should the weather have turned.

Despite being indoors and now in a smaller venue, this didn’t dampen the atmosphere.  The event was londons first dog festival  and was great meeting all the wonderful people who helped make this festival happen, hopefully will be many more to come.  I also loved seeing all the dogs, and will no doubt be using this inspiration in my work.

My work was featured in Alice in Woofland and the Mad Hatter's Tea Party for this event.



 As was this stunning piece by Cake Doggy Dog.



I also had a stall selling my work too.


  
The whole day was a lot of fun for dogs and dog owners alike.  There were many stools, contests, and fun events to be had.  There was even an opening ceremony where many dogs were dressed up in some amazing hand-made costumes.  We even had an appearance from superstar, Mugly!




And at the end, my dog, Jake, got married! (He's the Airedale)



This was a superb event which raised money and awareness for many dog charities.  I would love to be part of the next one.

Please also check out some more photos from the Dog Reporter & the Canine Games on Flickr.  Both of who got some great doggy photos of the day, and some of my work too.

~ Alexandra Rolfe ~




1 comment:

  1. I'm very jealous, we used to have an Airedale and it looks like you all had a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete